How to apply
Documents and applications will have to be submitted in person the date of the visa interview. The visa department will hold visa interviews on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00 to 12.30 AM by appointment. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address:email@example.com
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 30 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
The countries in this list DO NOT require artist visa when travelling to Argentina for that purpose.
If your country IS NOT listed above please request an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org . The applicant should submit in person the following information on the date of his interview:
1. PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT: it must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the intended date of entry and have at least one completely free page left for the visa.
2. ONE (1) APPLICATION FSV FORM. Notice that it MUST BE fully hand-written filled out without scratches or corrections and duly signed. The form (3 pages) is followed by a translation in pages 4 & 5.
Individuals holding passports issued by the following countries should apply for a Travel Certificate at least 15 days prior to travelling to Argentina:
Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Taiwan.
3. ONE (1) CURRENT PHOTO: full front view, color with white background, 1 ½ x 1 ½ inch, and uncovered head without glasses.
4. PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit original and copies of your immigration status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
5. LETTER of INVITATION from THE HOST ORGANIZATION or BUSINESS in ARGENTINA in ORIGINAL confirming the purpose and duration of the trip, full name, address and telephone numbers of all persons to be contacted in Argentina. The letter must be written in Spanish on company letter-head paper. (Sample Letter)
***Important: The signature of the employee’s company in Argentina must be registered at the Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes de Extranjeros (RENURE). The company inviting foreign citizens to Argentina should indicate in the invitation the company’s registration number at RENURE.
In addition, the invitation letter must be certified by an Argentine Notary Public ("Escribano Publico") and by the "Colegio de escribamos".
The letter should be sent to:
Consulate General of Argentina in New York
12 West 56 Street
New York, NY 10019
6. A COPY of the LETTER OF INVITATION per applicant and TWO (2) COPIES of the PASSPORT of each one.
7. PARENTAL CONSENT. (If Applicable) (ONLY for MINORS of 18 years old). It must be legalized by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad.
8. FEE. A U$S 200 fee will be applied and shall only be paid by money order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.
9. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will require up to 30-45 days. You will be advice in these cases. The expedited visa process takes 3 working days and requires the payment of an additional fee U$S 40 that should be added to the corresponding Consular Visa Fee.
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX or USPS. You are advised to keep a record of your special delivery services so that you can track your documents down.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.