How to apply
Documents and applications will have to be submitted in person by appointment. The visa department will hold visa appoitments on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00 to 12.30 AM. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
The countries in this list DO NOT require artist visa when travelling to Argentina for that purpose.
If your country IS NOT listed above please request an appointment to email@example.com . The applicant should submit in person the following information on the date of his interview:
□ 1. Passport
□ 2. Form FSV
□ 3. Two (2) current photos
□ 4. Proof of immigration status
□ 5. Letter of invitation
□ 6. Travel authorization (if applicable).
□ 7. Fee.
1. PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT: Submit ORIGINAL and a COPY of the 1st page. The passport or travel document must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least two (2) blank pages.
2. ONE (1) APPLICATION FSV FORM filled out, preferably in electronic format and signed by the applicant.
- Individuals holding passports issued by the following countries should apply for a Travel Certificate at least 15 days prior to travelling to Argentina: Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Taiwan.
3. TWO (2) CURRENT PHOTOS: 1 ½ x 1 ½ inches photographs, facing the camera, printed in colour, on a white background.
4. PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit ORIGINAL AND COPIES of your immigration
status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
5. LETTER of INVITATION from inviting party in Argentina in ORIGINAL and a COPY per applicant
Any individual residing or legal entity based in Argentina who invites foreign nationals to carry out professional activities in our country must be registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants (RENURE) of the National Directorate of Migration. For information on registration, please contact +54-11- 4317-0289.
Once registered with RENURE, the host must write an invitation letter to be sent to the Argentine consular authority abroad. The purpose of this letter is only to commence the visa application procedure. It does not guarantee the granting of a visa. This is a formal note and must meet requirements.
6. TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION. (if applicable) (ONLY for MINORS of 18 years old). It must be legalized by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad. Download Here.
7. FEE. A U$S 200 fee will be applied and shall only be paid by Money Order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.
- In the case of a travel certificate the fee will be $250
8. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
The regular visa process takes 10 working days. In some cases, it will require up to 30-45 days. You will be advice in these cases.
There is an expedited visa process that takes up to 3-5 working days and requires the payment of a U$S 40 fee on a single Money Order. You may qualify for an expedited visa service depending on availability. The expedited fee DOES NOT apply in the case of the visas that require a process time of 30-45 days.
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX. You are advised to keep a record of your special delivery services so that you can track your documents down.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.