How to apply
Documents and applications will have to be submitted in person the date of the visa interview. The visa department will hold visa interviews on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00 to 12.30 AM by appointment. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (click here)
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 45 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
The countries in this list DO NOT require business visa when travelling to Argentina for that purpose.
If your country IS NOT listed above please request an appointment to email@example.com (click here). The applicant should submit in person the following information on the date of his interview:
1. PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT: Submit ORIGINAL and COPY of the 1st page. The passport or travel document must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least one completely free page left for the visa.
2. ONE (1) FSV FORM. Notice that they MUST BE hand-written filled out without scratches or corrections and duly signed. The form (3 pages) is followed by a translation in pages 4 & 5.
Applicants from Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic and Taiwan should apply for a Travel Certificate at least 15 days prior to travelling to Argentina:
3. ONE (1) CURRENT PHOTO: full front view, color with white background, 1 ½ x 1 ½ inch, and uncovered head without glasses.
4. PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit ORIGINAL and COPIES of your immigration status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
5. RETURN FLIGHTS ITINERARY. It is advisable that you do not purchase non-refundable airline tickets to Argentina before the visa is granted. Purchase is not mandatory but failure to provide the reservation will result in visa application refusal.
6. HOTEL RESERVATION. Provide hotel reservations for the whole stay in Argentina.
7. PROOF OF FUNDS. Submit bank statements for the last six (6) months.
8. IN ADDITION, YOU WILL HAVE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
a) Letter of invitation from the host organization or business in Argentina in ORIGINAL confirming the purpose and duration of the trip, full name, address and telephone numbers of all persons to be contacted in Argentina. The letter must be written in Spanish on company letter-head paper.
***Important: The signature of the employee’s company in Argentina must be registered at the Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes de Extranjeros (RENURE). The company inviting foreign citizens to Argentina should indicate in the invitation letter the company’s registration number at RENURE.
In addition, the letter must be certified by an Argentine Notary Public ("Escribano Publico") and then by the "Colegio de Escribanos".
b) If you own your business, a COPY of your business’ official registration and last year tax return.
9. FEE. A U$S 200 fee will be applied and shall ONLY be paid by money order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We DO NOT accept cash or checks.
For Nationals from India and Morocco the business visa is free of charge.
For those who require a travel certificate the fee will be $250 (See number 2).
10. VISA INTERVIEW. All visa applicants are requested to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer.
Once you collect all the information required for the application you must request an appointment for the visa interview to firstname.lastname@example.org (click here). Failure in submitting the requested documents might result in a visa application refusal.
11. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will require up to 30-45 days. You will be advice in these cases. The expedited visa process takes 3 working days and requires the payment of an additional fee U$S 40 that should be added to the corresponding Consular Visa Fee. The expedited fee does not applied in the case of the visas that require a process of 30-45 days.
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX or USPS. You are advised to keep a record of your special delivery services so that you can track your documents down.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.