How to apply
Applications and documents will have to be submitted in person the date of the visa interview. The visa department will conduct visa interviews on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00 to 12.30 AM. The Consulate will be closed on Argentine and US holidays.
Visa inquiries and appointments MUST be requested and scheduled ONLY through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consulate strongly encourages applicants to apply at least 30 days in advance of their proposed journey and to refrain from making irrevocable travel plans until the visa has been issued.
Less than 90 days: In case of students pursuing NON FORMAL STUDIES, STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS and PARCIAL STUDIES lasting NO MORE than 90 DAYS, they will enter and stay as tourist.(See TOURIST VISA. )
More than 90 days In case of students pursuing NON FORMAL STUDIES, STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS and PARCIAL STUDIES lasting MORE than 90 DAYS and in the case of students pursuing CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMS or INTERNSHIPS (regardless of their duration), they should submit the following requirements:
□ 1. Entry Permit (PIM)
□ 2. Passport
□ 3. Form FSV
□ 4. Two (2) current photos
□ 5. Proof of immigration status
□ 6. Police record (16 years old or over)
□ 7. Sworn statement (16 years old or over and more than 6 months of stay)
□ 8. Travel Authorization (if applicable)
□ 9. Proof of funds
□ 10. Fee.
1. ENTRY PERMIT (PIM). The educational institution in Argentina where the applicant will study must request, in these cases, an entry permit (PIM) to Direccion Nacional de Migraciones (DNM). Once DNM issue the PIM, applications must be submitted at the Consular Office of the Argentine Republic identified in the entry permit. Visa applications will not be processed if the relevant entry permit is not issued. Applications are personal and the applicant must submit the following documents (an original and a copy) at the Consular Office:
2. PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT: Submit ORIGINAL and a COPY of the 1st page. The passport or travel document must be valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the intended date of entry and have at least two (2) blank pages.
- Applicants from Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic and Taiwan should apply for a Travel Certificate at least 15 days prior to travelling to Argentina.
3. ONE (1) FSV FORM. Notice that it must be filled out preferably in electronic format and signed by the applicant.
4. TWO (2) CURRENT PHOTOS: full front view, in color, on a white background, 1 ½ x 1 ½ inches.
5. PROOF OF THE IMMIGRATION STATUS IN THE U.S.A. Submit ORIGINAL and COPIES of your immigration status in the USA. (Ex.: Alien Registration Card, Advance Parole Document, valid visa, valid forms I-20, etc).
6. CERTIFICATE of CRIMINAL RECORDS (16 years old or over ). They will have to provide a certificate from their country of origin or from the countries where they have resided for more than one (1) year over the previous three (3) years. It must be translated into Spanish by a translator or agency, and be accompanied by a “certification of accuracy” and must be authenticated by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad.
7. SWORN STATEMENT. (16 years old or over and legal stay for over six (6) months) of their lack of a criminal record in other countries, signed before the consul. Download here.
8. TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (MINORS of 18 years old). It must be legalized by the Hague Apostille or by the corresponding argentine Consulate abroad. Download here.
9. PROOF OF FUNDS. They will have to provide sufficient funds to cover stay and study expenses
10. FEE. A U$S 150 fee will be applied and shall only be paid by Money Order to the “Consulate General of Argentina in New York”. We do not accept cash or checks.
- In case of FORMAL STUDIES $250 and an immigration fee.
- In case of travel certificate the fee will be $250.
11. VISA INTERVIEW. All visa applicants are requested to appear in person for an interview with a consular officer.
12. Applicants may be required to provide additional information.
*** IMPORTANT: The school or educational institution in Argentina must provide prospective students with detailed information and requirements to obtain the visa and to assist them in adjusting their specific situation upon arrival in Argentina.
The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will requiere 30-45 days; you will be advised in these cases.
There is an expedited visa process that takes up to 3 working days and requires the payment of a U$S 40 fee on a single Money Order. You may qualify for an expedited visa service depending on availability. The expedited fee DOES NOT apply in the case of the visas that require a process time of 30-45 days.
All applicants should be aware that the times given are current averages and are subject to sharp seasonal fluctuations.
Passports with the stamped visa can be picked up in person or using a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We ONLY accept FEDEX or USPS. You are advised to keep a record of your special delivery services so that you can track your documents down.
The Consulate shall not be responsible for delays or loss of documents incurred by the Post Office once the documentation was delivered or sent by the Consulate.