The payment of the reciprocity fee for Canadien citizens will be suspended starting January 1, 2018.
The Reciprocity Fee is applicable for holders of a valid Canadian passport entering Argentina for tourism and business purposes (in both cases, it will apply provided that the trip does not require a visa).
Holders of Canadian passports are required to pay a Reciprocity Fee of US$100, Four (4) or five (5) days before departure. Payment of the Reciprocity Fee is valid for 10 years, multiple entries, or until one month prior to the expiration date of the passport.
The electronic receipt must be kept since it must be shown to the airline company upon check-in and submitted to Immigration authorities upon arrival in Argentina. The receipt will be scanned by Immigration authorities and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina. Therefore, make sure you keep the passport stamped by Immigration authorities and copies of your receipt for your entries.
The electronic receipt must have a barcode in the bottom of the page. The lack of that barcode will not allow you to travel.
- Argentine nationals who also bear Canadian citizenship, and present a Canadian passport at the Immigration control.
- Foreign nationals bearing regular Canadian passport in transit.
- Foreign nationals bearing regular Canadian passport who have permanent residence in Argentina.
- Foreign nationals bearing Canadian passport with a business visa.
- Foreign nationals bearing official or diplomatic passports from Canada.
The payment of the reciprocity fee for American citizens has been suspended as of March 24, 2016.
The payment of the reciprocity fee for Australians citizens has been suspended as of July 1, 2017.
For inquiries or errors in payment:
For any inquiry or errors in payment send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org